Soft Christmas Cookies
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 6 Cups AP Flour (we recommend Shawnee Mills)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 8 oz Container Sour Cream
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This will take about 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and sour cream, mixing on low speed until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, and beat at low speed until combined.
- Divide dough into two pieces, and shape into rectangles about 1 1/2 inches thick. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Shape and cut cookies, and place on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are just slightly golden around the edges. Don’t over-bake if you want soft cookies.
- Transfer cookies to a rack, and let cool. Let cookies cool before frosting.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..