- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup Onions, fresh, peeled, 1/4" diced
- 1 cup Zucchini, fresh, unpeeled, grated
- 1 cup Yellow squash, fresh, unpeeled, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Parsley, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt, table
- 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper, ground
- 1 egg, large, whole
- 2 tablespoons Milk, fat-free (skim)
- 1 1/4 ounces Sharp cheddar cheese, reduced-fat, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Lightly coat a medium baking dish (8” x 8”) with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onions for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir frequently.
- Add zucchini and yellow squash. Sauté for 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper and stir. Continue cooking until zucchini and yellow squash begin to lightly brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl whisk egg and milk together.
- Place sautéed vegetables in baking dish. Top with egg and milk mixture and lightly stir. Be sure to keep vegetables spread evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly on top of mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Heat to 160 °F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Cut pan into 6 pieces.
- Servings : 6 servings
- Recipe Type : Entrees
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..