Sweet Potato Roasted Shallot Biscuits
Published on March 5, 2020 | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 large or 16 small
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup butter or (vegetable shortening)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2T sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- Wet ingredients:
- 2/3 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1/3 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup roasted shallots, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the sweet potato and garlic with buttermilk or milk (or water if you are vegan). The colder the liquid the better.
- In a separate bowl, combine the shortening or butter with the dry ingredients.
- Mix until the shortening has been cut into tiny pieces, the size of a pea.
- Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix very gingerly Until a light dough is formed. There will be lumps and pieces of sweet potato.
- Knead the dough 4-5 times, then roll out on an floured counter top 1 inch thick.
- Cut into 2 inch squares.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..