Valentine Butter and Almond Cookies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 Dozen Sandwich Cookies
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3/4 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely ground blanched almonds
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- additional Confectioners Sugar
- Beat confectioners' sugar and butter together in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and almond extract; beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl often.
- Gradually add flour to sugar mixture and beat until well mixed. Stir in ground almonds.Gradually add flour to sugar mixture and beat until well mixed. Stir in ground almonds.
- Cover and refrigerate dough 1 hour until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On well floured surface, roll out half of dough at a time, to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 2-inch round cookie cutter.
- Cut out small heart shape in center of half the cookies.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned at edges. Cool completely.
- Spread cookies without heart cut-outs with 1 teaspoon preserves each Top with heart cut-out cookies. Press together lightly.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..