White Whole Wheat Muffins
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- Have ingredients at room temperature.
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk, 2%
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line the muffin tin using paper baking cups or use cooking spray to coat the bottom of the muffin tin.
- With electric mixer; cream margarine, granulated sugar, brown sugar and baking soda together, scraping bowl with spatula.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, beat together the egg and vanilla; add to creamed mixture.
- Beat until light and fluffy. Add the milk to the creamed mixture. Gradually add the whole wheat flour and lightly stir the ingredients together so dry ingredients are barely moistened. Over mixing will make the muffins tough with tunnels.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake 15 to 17 minutes or until browned and done
- Remove from muffin tin and cool on wire rack.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..