Whole Wheat Jam Bars
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 " square pan
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup to 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- Use scant 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam, or other jam of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Grease one 8-inch square pan.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and rolled oats.
- Add butter using your hands or a pastry blender to form a crumbly mixture.
- Press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spread jam over the mixture to within 1⁄4 inch of the pan edge.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top, and lightly press it into the jam.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..