A light and fluffy cupcake made with fresh Strawberries and topped with a luscious strawberry Buttercream frosting!
Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
Published on June 13, 2020 | In Cakes, Cupcakes | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 cupcakes
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons clear vanilla
- 1 cup strawberry puree' of finely chopped strawberries
- 2 or 3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 3/4 cu butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 drops of red food coloring (optional)
- Sliced strawberries for garnish.
- Cupcake batter:
- Pre-heat oven to 350* Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together, set aside.
- In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy on medium, about 2-3 minutes. (you can use also hand mixer).
- Reduce the mixer to low and add the egg, egg whites, and vanilla extract.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer and stir in half the dry flour ingredients, lightly mixing until combines. Add the milk, mixing until combined. Add remaining flour, mix until combined, don't over mix the batter!
- Gently fold in the pureed or chopped strawberries with a rubber spatula, scraping down sides of bowl.
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake liners, 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350* for 20-24 minutes until center springs back or insert toothpick into center, if clean, remove from oven to cooling rack, cool completely before frosting.
- Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter and jam until well combined and smooth. Mix in the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Use 1 or 2 teaspoon of milk if need to achieve desired consistency.
- Frost cupcakes and garnish with strawberry slice.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for up to three days.
- Servings : 12
- Recipe Type : Cakes & Cupcakes, Mother's Day, Valentines
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
Comments are closed.