- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Two 12-inch pizzas
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2½ cups bread flour
- 2¼ tsp (one 0.25oz. package) RED STAR Instant Yeast (Platinum or Quick Rise)
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Cups Pizza sauce
- Favorite toppings
- Mozzarella, Parmesan and Asiago cheese
- In medium mixer bowl, combine 1 cup flour, yeast, and salt; mix well.
- Combine water and oil; heat to 120° to 130°F; add to flour mixture.
- Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand, gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead on floured surface 3 to 5 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a ball, cover, and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts. With well-floured or greased fingers, press each half into greased 12- or 14-inch pizza pans.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of your favorite shredded cheese over dough to prevent a soggy crust.
- Spread prepared pizza sauce on each pizza (approximately ¾ cup of sauce per pizza).
- Add your favorite toppings---mushrooms, onions, olives, green peppers, pepperoni, cooked Italian sausage, anchovies, etc
- Cover with shredded cheese of your choice- Mozzarella, Parmesan and Asiago.
- Pre-Heat Oven to 400°F
- Bake at 400°F for 25 to 30 minutes until edge is crisp and light golden brown and cheeses are melted. Serve immediately.
- Tip: You can also substitute Red Star Active Dry Yeast on an equal basis for the instant yeast. Expect about a 50% slower rise time.
- Recipe Type : Pizza
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..