- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 9" pan
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 1 cup polenta or coarse corn meal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Oil a 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2¼ cups of water to a boil. Whisking constantly, slowly add the polenta.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, until the polenta starts to pull away from the side of the pan, 4 to 5 minutes
- Stir in the Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Using a spoon, spread the polenta over the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, tomatoes, mozzarella, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture over the polenta and bake until the polenta is crisp around the edges, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Servings : 2-3 servings
- Recipe Type : Pizza
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..