Old Fashioned Chicken ‘N Dumplings
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 Whole (2 ½-3 #) Chicken, Cut-Up
- 1 Onion, halved
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 teaspoons of Baking powder
- 3 Cups All Pourpose Flour (we recommend Shawnee Mills)
- 1/2 Cup of Butter (1 stick)
- 1 Cup Milk
- Place *whole chicken, onion, bay leaf and salt and pepper to taste in stock pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer until done.
- Remove chicken and spices; cool and de-bone (or you can leave the chicken in cut-up pieces)
- Combine salt, baking powder and flour.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender.
- Add milk and mix well.
- urn out onto lightly-floured board or countertop and knead lightly.
- Roll out to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into strips.
- Drop strips into boiling chicken broth.
- Add cut up chicken.
- Cover and reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
- *Instead of a whole chicken, the option to simply use cut up boneless chicken breast is available
- Servings : 6 servings
- Recipe Type : Dinner
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..