Pineapple Nut Upside Down Cake
Published on February 14, 2020 | By Home Baking Association |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 9-inch round cake pan
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened, divided
- 2/3 cup firmly packed Golden Brown Sugar
- 4 slices pineapple, drained and halved
- 9 maraschino cherries, drained
- 9 macadamia nuts, whole
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in 9-inch round cake pan over low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar until blended; remove from heat.
- Arrange pineapple, cherries and whole nuts on top of sugar mixture. Sprinkle with chopped nuts; set aside.
- Combine sugar and 1/2 cup butter in large bowl; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well; add vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl
- Add to sugar mixture, alternately with milk, beating until blended.
- Pour batter over pineapple, cherries and nuts.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately invert cake onto serving plate. Reposition any pineapple slices that stick to the bottom of pan.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..