Perfectly moist and deliciously sweet with a delicate coconut flavor in every bite.
Coconut Loaf Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 9"x5" loaf pan
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 1/2 (12 tablespoons) sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut-Divided
- 3-4 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Extra shredded sweetened coconut for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350* Spray a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Whisk together In a medium bowl the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a stand mixer or handheld beater, cream the butter for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add in the sugar and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes, you want it to be light and creamy.
- Mix in the vanilla. Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture and milk in two additions, finish with milk. Fold in 1 1/2 cup of the sweetened coconut, do not overmix!
- Slowly pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow loaf to cool 10 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to finish cooling.
- Meanwhile, prepare loaf topping: Whisk together 3-4 tablespoon coconut milk, and 3/4 cup of confectioners sugar (if you like it thinner, add more milk, if you want thicker add less milk).
- Drizzle over cooled bread, top with coconut, and serve.
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..