Boston Banana Cream Pie Cupcake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (4 serving-size) package banana flavored instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions using the amounts of water, oil and eggs listed above, and blending banana into prepared batter.
- Bake according to package directions to make 24 cupcakes. Cool completely. Remove paper baking cups from cupcakes. Cut each cupcake horizontally into 2 layers.
- Microwave 1/2 cup whipping cream and chocolate chips in medium microwave-safe bowl 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Cool 10 minutes or until chocolate begins to thicken.
- Beat remaining 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, pudding mix, powdered sugar, sour cream and milk in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon evenly over bottom halves of cupcakes. Place top halves of cupcakes on top of filling. Spoon chocolate mixture over cupcakes, spreading with back of spoon to cover tops. Chill until ready to serve.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..