Crispy Whole Grain Waffle
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal or favorite multigrain cereal
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk*
- 1/2 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- *Option-Mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice and additional milk to equal 2 cup
- Brush waffle iron with oil and preheat as directed by manufacturer.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk and butter in separate mixing bowl.
- Add liquids to dry mixture. Stir just to blend.
- Bake in waffle until crispy brown or as the waffle iron instructions direct.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..