Gluten Free Apple Butter Pancakes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup Gluten Free Pancake and Waffle Mix (We recommend Hodgson Mill)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, omit if apple butter has enough spice for you
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup milk, divided (or 1/4 cup yogurt plus 3 Tbsp milk)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Measure dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl. Add apple butter, ¼ cup of the milk, egg, and vanilla, and mix well until no dry bits remain. A whisk or fork works well for mixing.
- Add more milk 1 tablespoon at a time, and mix again in order to thin the batter. I needed 3 tablespoons milk to thin mine enough to spoon into the pan; adding 4 tablespoons brings it closer to a pourable consistency.
- Heat griddle or large pan over medium heat. Water should sizzle when drops are thrown on the hot surface. Spoon or pour batter into pan, and watch carefully for small bubbles to form near the edges. You can also lift up one side of a pancake peek at the bottoms to check if they are browned to your taste. Flip once using a spatula, and cook 2-3 more minutes, or until both sides are browned to your satisfaction.
- Tip::Do not press or pat pancakes down with your spatula; it destroys the fluffy texture and makes them dense and flat.
- Serve hot, with your favorite toppings such as butter, real maple syrup, whipped cream, and/or fruit.
- This is a wonderful recipe for a crowd! Recipe is easily doubled or tripled. Batter will not keep well uncooked, so it’s best to use all batter and save cooked pancakes, which do keep well in fridge if wrapped well or kept in airtight container. Reheat in microwave, or over very low heat and a dry pan on stovetop.
- Servings : 6-8 servings
- Ready in : 20 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Breakfast
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..