Gluten-Free Apple Walnut Baked Doughnuts
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 doughnuts
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- For the doughnuts:
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 package (2¼ tsp, ¼oz, 7g) RED STAR Quick·Rise Yeast
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp apple pie spice
- ¼ tsp ginger, ground
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 apple, peeled and diced into very small pieces
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- For the topping:
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven 425°F. Grease a doughnut pan with melted butter or cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, yeast, baking powder, salt, apple pie spice and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together melted butter, apple sauce and sugar. Add in eggs and mix until combined. Whisk in milk until combine.
- Slowly stir in the flour mixture to the wet mixture until just combined, do not over mix.
- Using a spatula fold in apples and walnuts.
- Pour batter into a large piping bag or zipper bag and set on top of warm stove for 15-20 minutes to rise slightly.
- Snip corner of the piping bag and pipe batter into the doughnut pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Melt topping butter and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine cinnamon, sugar and a pinch of salt
- Brush doughnuts with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- *Doughnuts are best eaten the same day.
- Recipe Type : Breakfast
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..