Spiced Apple Bundt Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 Apples Peeled and cut into half inch pieces
- 1-3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour 9we recommend Stone-Buhr)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 10 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cup yogurt plain, non-fat
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Demera or sanding sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter inside of bundt pan, and set aside.
- Mix apples and brown sugar in small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, clove and all spice . Set aside.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on high speed until white and fluffy, about 5 to 7 minutes, scraping down side of bowl halfway through.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix after each addition until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients, apples and yogurt to egg mixture and mix on low speed until just combined, about 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into greased bundt pan and sprinkle demera sugar along the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Rotate pan and bake another 20 to 30 minutes, until knife inserted into the cakes center comes out clean.
- Remove and place on a cooling rack until cool enough to handle, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Invert bundt pan on cooling rack and cool until ready to eat.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..