Spiced Apple Cake with Orange Glaze
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 9x5x4 inch baking loaf pan
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla
- ½ cup buttermilk or yogurt
- 2 cups AP Flour
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soda
- 3 tart apples (granny smith or Jonathan) peeled, pared and diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream together the sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whip.
- Add the buttermilk and combine until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, spices, salt and baking soda.
- Add to the creamed mixture and mix on low speed for 2-3 minutes until well blended.
- Add the diced Apples and cranberries.
- Pour into a greased 9x5x4 inch baking loaf pan (40-45 minutes) or 2 6x4 round cake pans. 6-inch cakes
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until internal temperature over 180°F.
- Orange Glaze;
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier® liqueur OR orange juice
- Directions: In a small saucepan, Combine the orange glaze ingredients and melt over low heat until smooth.
- When cake is cooled, spread the orange glaze over the top and sides of the cake with a pastry brush.
Home Baking Association
Read more about this chef..