This chocolate walnut studded cake drizzled with a rich chocolate truffle glaze is the perfect dessert for the chocoholics in your life!
Walnut Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 bundt cake
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Chocolate Truffle Glaze:
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish optional:
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a bundt pan then dust with flour or cocoa powder, completely coating inside of bundt pan. Shake off excess flour or cocoa powder.
- Melt together butter, water and cocoa powder in a small saucepan, over low heat, whisking until smooth; let cool.
- Transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer and lightly beat in sugar, extract and eggs.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Add about 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture and beat on low speed to combine. Add half the buttermilk and beat again. Repeat steps ending with the flour mixture, mixing only until combined. Do not over mix!
- Fold in walnuts.*
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool, then invert onto a serving plate or platter.
- While cake is cooling melt chocolate, butter, milk and extract together until smooth. Let cool slightly to thicken, then drizzle over the cake.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts if desired. Serve with lightly sweetened whip cream or ice cream.
- Tip: To keep the walnuts from sinking, coat with a little flour or cocoa powder before adding to the cake batter
Home Baking Association
The Home Baking Association (HBA) web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Esteemed members of the baking community, ...Read more about this chef..