What a great way to start out the new year! Enjoy nutritious, right-sized portions with MUG MEALS! As you bring in the new year or host a few bowl game friends, you will love having breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert Mug Meals from Bigger Bolder Baking. My first will be: Chorizo & Spinach Frittata!
Tips that make ANY mug muffin, cake or meal recipe work better include:
- Use a microwavable mug (no metallic trim) in the right size. Many of Gemma’s recipes are made in smaller mugs – 6 oz. (3/4cup/1 cup)
- Recipes that cook pasta first require a larger mug so the water can boil. If I’m making several mugs, I multiply the recipe ingredients by the number needed and pre-cook the pasta in a pan; then divide pasta into mugs.
- Microwave wattages vary! Gemma’s mug recipes are made using a 1200W microwave. Convert cooking times to your wattage
Microwave converter image
- Recipes that taste “eggy” or the eggs are rubbery are cooked too long/too hot. Check the wattage of your oven—convert or reduce cooking times.
- Remember, most microwave producgts continue cooking after the time stops. Allow some standing time.
- After a minute of standing time, check for doneness at the center so you don’t under cook and eat raw flour or eggs—165°F for egg mug recipes and 180-200°F for muffins or cakes.
- Gemma says you CAN bake these in an oven if mugs are oven-safe too! Bake roughly 10-12 minutes at 350°F. Again, check center for doneness.
No comments yet.